As a stay at home mom and as a wife that desires to give my husband and children a peaceful comfortable home, scriptures often run through my head to teach me how to do that, and how to gain strength, endurance, and to just simply remind me why I do what I do.
I love being a wife and I love motherhood. Although I stopped working almost four years ago, not one day has gone by with any regrets. I never thought I would be content with not working, especially as someone that was doing so well in a 10 year career of sales but it’s true. Not one day have I missed it. Although that is true, reality is, not everyday is a perfect day.
Keeping scriptures on hand is important for me and my position as a wife, mother, and as the prayer warrior of the home.
Scriptures keep me encouraged, in remembrance of my calling, and motivated.
Here are my favorite 25 scriptures for different areas of my position as a full time wife, mother, and as a woman of God.
To Remember I am His First:
- Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30 ESV
- Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground! Psalm 143:10 ESV
- For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called. Isaiah 54:5 ESV
- As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: 1 Peter 4:10 ESV
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25 ESV
- Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10 ESV
- But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. 1 Corinthians 11:3 ESV
- Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the LORD. Proverbs 19:14 NIV
- The Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.” For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24 NASB
- A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands. Proverbs 14:1 NLT
- She is like the ships of the merchant; brings her food from afar. She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens. She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard. Proverbs 31:14-16 ESV
- An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands. Proverbs 31:10-12 ESV
- Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives. 1 Peter 3:1 ESV
- He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22 ESV
- An excellent wife is the crown of her husband… Proverbs 12:4 ESV
- To live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God. Titus 2:5 NLT
- Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3 ESV
- And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works. Hebrews 10:24 ESV
- You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. Deuteronomy 6:7 NLT
- All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness. Hebrews 12:11 NASB
- Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 ESV
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5 ESV
- Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Proverbs 31:28 NIV
- She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong. Proverbs 31:17 ESV
- He established a testimony in Jacob and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers to teach their children, that the next generation might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children. Psalm 78:5-6 ESV
What are some scriptures you use to encourage yourself as a wife and as a mother? How do you receive encouragement as you fulfill your calling in what you know God has called you to do?